Philippi - Cave of Alistrati
Price start from 24.99€
We depart with the bus of ΑΜΜΟΝ EXPRESS at 08:00 from the White Tower,
at 08:05 from the hotel Makedonia Palace,
at 08:15 from Aristoteles square & Egnatia road (at the statue of Venizelos),
at 08:20 from 18 Monastiriou str. (at the entrance of Capsis Hotel) and
at 08:25 from 48 26th October str. (at the entrance of The Met Hotel) having as destination the ancient town of Philippi.
The distance is 160 km and the trip lasts about 2 hours. During the trip, we take a short stop at Asprovalta for coffee break, and in the place where the Lion of Amphipolis is, in order to capture its magnificence in our pictures.
We arrive at the ancient Philippi at 11:30 and we take a tour in the archaeological site and the museum, then we head to Kavala to enjoy our lunch and take a walk in the beautiful coastal pedestrian area of the city.
On the return, we visit the Paleolithic Cave of Alistrati, with its unique stalactites, which extend to a height of many tens of meters.
We leave for Thessaloniki at 19:00, where we return after approximately one and a half hour to the same stops where we started.
THE PRICE OF THE EXCURSION (FROM 24,99€) INCLUDES
- Transportation to and from the ancient Philippi, Kavala, the cave of Alistrati and the Lion of Amphipolis
- English-speaking tour guide
- Basic travel insurance (during transportation)
- Help with the ticket issuance process for anyone who wishes to avoid the queue in the ticket office and the standing.
IT IS NOT INCLUDED
- The entrance fee to the archaeological site and the Museum of Philippi (General entrance fee: 6€)
- The tour at the archaeological site and the Museum of Philippi
- The entrance fee to the Paleolithic Cave of Alistrati (General entrance fee for groups of adults: 8€)
- You should be at the departure points exactly at the time indicated in the schedule. The bus must not remain at designated stops, except for boarding.
- Free entry to the Museum of Philippi is available to all citizens of EU Member States aged over 65, by showing their ID card or passport, the students of Universities, Technological Educational Institutes or equivalent institutes of EU and non-EU countries by showing their student ID, young people up to the age of 18 by showing their ID card, as well as the members of Societies and Associations of Friends of Museums and Archaeological Sites
- Do not forget the sun cream, sunglasses and a hat, because in the archaeological site of Philippi you should be protected from the strong sun.
- Please be punctual in the given meeting times specified by the tour guide of AMMON EXPRESS so that the trip is unforgettable to all participants.
- We wish you a pleasant trip and have fun!
- Share pictures and comments from your experiences in the trip.