Olympus - Dion
Price start from 19.99€
We depart with the bus of ΑΜΜΟΝ EXPRESS at 08:00 from the White Tower,
at 08:05 from the hotel Makedonia Palace,
at 08:15 from Aristoteles square & Egnatia road (at the statue of Venizelos),
at 08:20 from 18 Monastiriou str. (at the entrance of Capsis Hotel) and
at 08:25 from 48 26th October str. (at the entrance of The Met Hotel) having as destination the ancient Dion and the mythical Olympus.
The distance is 90 km and the trip lasts approximately 1 ½ hour. During the trip, we stop a few minutes for coffee break.
We reach Dion at 10:00 and we take a tour of the archaeological site and the museum, and then we head to the lovely beach of Plaka Litochoro to enjoy our bath.
Afterwards, we leave for the picturesque Litochoro, where we have free time to wander in the square and have lunch at one of the traditional taverns of the village.
Our last destination is Olympus, the mountain of gods. There we visit the cave where St. Dionysius lived, which is located in the famous Enipeas gorge, after 20’ walking.
We leave for Thessaloniki at 19:00, where we return after approximately one and a half hour to the same stops where we started.
THE PRICE OF THE EXCURSION (FROM 19,99€) INCLUDES
- Transportation to and from Dion, Olympus, Litochoro and Plaka (beach)
- English-speaking tour guide
- Basic travel insurance (during transportation)
- Help with the ticket issuance process for anyone who wishes to avoid the queue in the ticket office and the standing.
IT IS NOT INCLUDED
- The entrance fee to the archaeological site and the Museum of Dion (General Entrance fee: 8€)
- The tour at the archaeological site and the Museum of Dion
- You should be at the departure points exactly at the time indicated in the schedule. The bus must not remain at designated stops, except for boarding.
- Free entry to the Museum of Dion is available to all Greek citizens who have an active unemployment card, the students of Universities, Technological Educational Institutes or equivalent institutes of EU countries by showing their student ID, young people up to the age of 19 by showing their ID card, as well as the Solidarity Card holders and the members of Societies and Associations of Friends of Museums and Archaeological Sites.
- Reduced entry to the Museum of Dion (€ 6) is available to all citizens of EU Member States aged over 65, by showing their ID card or passport, as well as students from countries outside the EU.
- The hiking that leads to the cave of Saint Dionysius takes about 20 minutes and requires comfortable shoes.
- Do not forget the sun cream, sunglasses and a hat.
- Please be punctual in the given meeting times specified by the tour guide of AMMON EXPRESS so that the trip is unforgettable to all participants.
- We wish you a pleasant trip and have fun!
- For more information please visit our website ammonexpress.gr