Mount Olympus - Dion - Litochoro
WHICH PLACES WE VISIT
- The Museum and archaeological site of Dion
- The Enipeas gorge of Mount Olympus
THE EXCURSION TAKES PLACE
- Every Thursday and Sunday until 31/03/2018 | Every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday from 01/04 until 31/10/2018
STARTING POINTS AND DEPARTURE TIMES
- Starting point: White Tower (Entrance) | 08:00
- Stop 1: Makedonia Palace Hotel | 08:05
- Stop 2: AristotelousSquare & Egnatia Street (Venizelos Statue) | 08:15
- Stop 3: Capsis Hotel | 08:20
- Stop 4: The Met Hotel | 08:25
7 hours (2 hours on the road)
DESCRIPTION OF THE EXCURSION
We depart to Dion with the bus of Ammon Express
at 08:00 from the White Tower,
at 08:05 from the hotel Makedonia Palace,
at 08:15 from Aristotelous Square & Egnatia Street (at the statue of Venizelos),
at 08:20 from Capsis Hotel and
at 08:25 from The Met Hotel
The distance is about 90 km and lasts about 1 hour.
We reach Dion where we take a walk back in history admiring the ancient city and later on we visit the Museum of Dion with the findings and statues of the ancient city as well as the unique mosaic located at the gallery.
Afterwards, we leave for Olympus, the mountain of gods. We start trekking for 20’ the path to the Enipeas gorge.
Next, we visit the picturesque village of Litochoro, which is located on the foothills of Mount Olympus, where we walk by the scenic alleys and the old town of the village.
We enjoy our coffee and lunch at a restaurant with Greek traditional flavors, against the view of Mount Olympus.
We depart to Thessaloniki at about 15:30 where we return after approximately one hour (16:30) making the same stops from where we started.
THE PRICE OF THE EXCURSION (FROM 34.99€) INCLUDES
- Transportation to and from Litochoro, the Museum and the Archaeological site of Dion.Tour guide at the Archaeological site and Museum of Dion
- English-speaking trip attendant
- Basic travel insurance (during transportation)
- Assistance with the ticket issuance process for anyone who wishes to avoid the queue in the ticket office.
- The entrance fee to the Archaeological site of Dion (General entrance fee: 8€)
- The cost of the lunch at the restaurant
- The guided tour at the archaeological site and the Museum of Dion
- Our trip attendant shall wear a clothing with the Ammon Express marking so that he will be recognisable easily
- You should be at the departure points 5’ earlier from the time indicated in the schedule. The bus cannot remain at designated stops, except for boarding
- The hiking that leads to Enipeas gorge takes about 20 minutes and requires sports shoes.
- Please be punctual in the given meeting times specified by the tour guide of Ammon Express so that all the participants will enjoy the excursion of Dion-Litochoro.
- We wish you a pleasant excursion and have fun!
- Share pictures and comments from your experiences in the excursion.
For more information please visit our website ammonexpress.gr