start by the
coach at 08:00 from the White Tower,
08:15 from Aristotelous Square and Egnatia (the Venizelos statue)
08:20 from Monastiriou 18 (entrance of the Capsis hotel) and
08:25 from the 26th Oktovriou, 48 (entrance of the The Met hotel)
with destination Meteora.
The route is 230 km. and takes about three hours. During that we do short stop for rest and coffee, as well as short stop in Tempe to see the beautiful gorge and the Peneus river.
We arrive at about 11:30 in Meteora and we visit two of the six monasteries that are open: the nunnery Ag. Stefanos with its impressive wooden temple where we will have the opportunity to look to the plain of Thessaly and the town of Kalambaka, and the Monastery of Barlaam, to admire the valuable surviving frescoes of the painter Frangos Katelanos and enjoy the view of the other monasteries. Also, we visit two wonderful places with panoramic view of the huge rocks of Meteora for commemorative photos.
Then we have free time in Kalambaka, where we can enjoy lunch and a coffee at one of the numerous taverns and cafes of the central square, while for the more energetic there is the brand new Meteora Natural History Museum and Observer, where, among other some of the most tasty mushrooms that exist are offered to taste them.
We depart for Thessaloniki at 16:00, where we return at about 19:10 at 26th October, 48 (entrance of The Met Hotel), at 19:15 at Monastiriou 18 (entrance of Capsis Hotel), at 19:20 at Aristotelous Square & Egnatia (the Venizelos statue), at 19:25 at the White Tower and at 19:30 at Makedonia Palace Hotel. During the trip back we do a short stop for rest.
IN THE PRICE OF THE TRIP (FROM 19,99€) IS INCLUDED:
- Transport to and from Meteora and Kalambaka
- English speaking trip attendant
- Basic travel insurance (during transport)
- The ticket to visit every monastery, which costs 3 euros per monastery for all visitors except those with Greek nationality and is paid directly at the entrance.
- At the entrance to the Meteora Natural History and Mushroom museum (5 €)
- The guided tour to the monasteries.
- You should be at the starting point necessarily 10 minutes earlier.
- The monasteries have dress code prohibiting entry to visitors with shorts, short skirts and sleeveless shirts.
- The approach in the monasteries is by steps and requires comfortable shoes.
- The visit to these two monasteries mentioned in the program can be replaced with a visit to two of the remaining odd depending on the circumstances, for example due to an excessive number of visitors.
- The punctuality for the meeting hours defined by the AMMON EXPRESS trip attendant is necessary, in order for the trip to Meteora to be unforgettable for everyone.
- We wish you a nice trip and a lot of fun!
- Share pictures and comments about your experience in the trip.
For more information please visit our website ammonexpress.gr