Ouranoupoli - Mount Athos
Price start from 34.99€
We start by the ΑΜΜΟΝ EXPRESS coach at 07:30 from the White Tower,
at 07:35 from the Makedonia Palace Hotel,
at 07:45 from Aristotelous Square and Egnatia (the Venizelos statue)
at 07:50 from Monastiriou 18 (entrance of the Capsis Hotel) and
at 07:55 from the 26th Oktovriou, 48 (entrance of the The Met Hotel) with destination Ouranoupoli.
The route is 140 km. and takes about 2 ½ hours. After a short stop for relaxation and coffee in the village of Stavros, we arrive in Ouranoupolis at 10:00 (TUE,TH) or 10:30 (SA) and board on the boat for circumnavigation of Mount Athos.
During the cruise we will have the opportunity to see the Docheiariou Monastery, the Holy Monastery of Xenophon, the Monastery of St. Panteleimon (the Russian Monastery), the Xeropotamou Monastery, Daphne - main port or other port of Mount Athos, the Holy Monastery of Simonos Petras, the St. Gregory Monastery, the St. Denis Monastery and St. Paul Monastery, which are scattered along the verdant west coast of the peninsula of Athos. Also, at the beginning of the route we will see the arsenals of the monasteries Hilandar (Serbian monastery) and Konstamonitou, and in the peninsula tip New Skete and the Skete of St. Anna.
After three hours sailing along the coast we are back to Ouranoupoli and we visit the neighboring Ierissos, where we have free time for swimming in the crystal clear beach and lunch at one of the traditional seaside taverns.
We depart for Thessaloniki at 16:00 (TUE,TH) or 16:30 (SA), we return at about 18:40 (TUE,TH) or 19:10 (SA) to the Makedonia Palace Hotel, at 18:45 (TUE, TH) or 19:15 (SA) at the White Tower, at 18:50 (TUE,TH) or 19:20 (SA) to Aristotelous square & Egnatia (the Venizelos statue) at 18:55 (TUE,TH) or 19:25 (SA) to Monastiriou 18 (entrance of Capsis Hotel) and 19:00 (TUE,TH) or 19:30 (SA) to 26th Oktovriou 48 (entrance of the Met Hotel).
IN THE PRICE OF THE TRIP (FROM 34,99€) ARE INCLUDED
- Transport to and from Ouranoupoli
- The cruise to Mount Athos
- English speaking trip attendant
- Basic travel insurance (during transport)
- Extra travel insurance (during the entire trip).
- You should be at the starting point necessarily 10 minutes earlier.
- In the boat coffees, sandwiches, beers and refreshments are sold.
- Do not forget sun protection, sunglasses, hat and a camera or a mobile phone with the battery charged.
- The punctuality for the meeting hours defined by the AMMON EXPRESS trip attendant is necessary, in order for the trip to Ouranoupoli to be unforgettable for everyone.
- We wish you a nice trip and a lot of fun!
- Share pictures and comments about your experience in the trip.
For more information please visit our website ammonexpress.gr