Chalkidiki - Mount Athos plus Cruise
WHICH PLACES WE VISIT
- Mount Athos (cruise)
- Every Thursday and Saturday: Ierissos Beach
- Every Tuesday: Ancient Stagira, Drenia and Ammouliani
Swimming in the sea is included!
Participation in the Mount Athos cruise is also open to women!
THE EXCURSION TAKES PLACE
Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 01/05/2018 until 30/09/2018
STARTING POINTS AND DEPARTURE TIMES
- Starting point: White Tower (Entrance) | 08:00
- Stop 1: Makedonia Palace Hotel | 08:05
- Stop 2: Aristotelous Square & Egnatia Street (Venizelos Statue) | 08:15
- Stop 3: Capsis Hotel | 08:20
- Stop 4: The Met Hotel | 08:25
11 hours (6 hours on the road)
DESCRIPTION OF THE EXCURSION
We depart to Meteora with the Ammon Express bus
at 08:00 from the White Tower,
at 08:05 from the hotel Makedonia Palace,
at 08:15 from Aristotelous Square & Egnatia Street (at the statue of Venizelos),
at 08:20 from hotel Capsis and
at 08:25 from The Met Hotel
The route is 140 km and takes about 2 ½ hours.
We arrive at Ouranoupoli at about 11:00, in front of the Byzantine Tower of Prosforion and a trademark of the city, and we board the boat for the cruise around Mount Athos.
During the cruise we have the chance to see, from a short distance and in turn, the ports of the Holy Monasteries of Helandariou and Konstamonitou, the colorful Monastery of Docheiariou, the nearby Monastery of Xenophontos, the renovated Holy Monastery of Agiou Panteleimonos – the Russian monastery – the Holy Monastery of Xeropotamou, the main harbor of Mount Athos Daphne, the impressive Holy Monastery of Simonos Petras and the Holy Monasteries of Osiou Grigoriou, Dionysiou and Agiou Pavlou, scattered along the verdant western coastline of the Mount Athos peninsula.
Lastly, we can see the skete of Agia Anna, just below the imposing Mount Athos, which stands magnificent at 2,000 meters above sea level.
Later, we visit:
EVERY TUESDAY: The exotic islets Drenia, where we have free time to enjoy our swim in the emerald sea, and Ammouliani to enjoy our lunch.
EACH THURSDAY: The exotic islands of Drenia, where we have free time to enjoy our swim in the emerald sea and our lunch in the picturesque tavern at the coast, in front of the sea.
EVERY SATURDAY: The neighboring town of Ierissos, where we have free time to enjoy our swim in the crystal-clear sea, our coffee on the sunbeds of the endless sandy beach, and our lunch at one of the traditional seafood taverns.
We leave for Thessaloniki at 17:00, where we return after about two hours to the same stops where we started. On the way back, we stop at another panoramic view of the Gulf of Mount Athos and the island of Ammouliani.
THE PRICE OF THE EXCURSION (FROM 44.99€) INCLUDES
- Transport to and from Chalkidiki - Mount Athos
- The cruise to Mount Athos
- English speaking trip attendant
- Basic travel insurance (during transport)
- The cost of the lunch at the restaurant
- Our trip attendant shall wear a clothing with the Ammon Express marking so that he will be recognisable easily
- You should be at the departure points 5’ before the time indicated in the schedule. The bus cannot remain at designated stops, except for boarding.
- In the boat coffees, sandwiches, beers and refreshments are sold.
- Do not forget sun protection, sunglasses, hat and a camera or a mobile phone with the battery charged.
- Please be consistent with the exact appointment times specified by the AMMON EXPRESS trip attedant, so that the excursion to Meteora will remain unforgettable to all participants.
- We wish you a nice excursion and a lot of fun!
- Don’t forget to share pictures and comments about your experience in the excursion.
For more information please visit our website ammonexpress.gr