Kerkini Lake | Ecotourism
WHICH PLACES WE VISIT
- Kerkini Lake
- Lithotopos Dam
- Vironia village
THE EXCURSION TAKES PLACE
Every Tuesday & Friday until 31/03/2018 | Every Monday, Thursday and Saturday from 01/04 until 31/10/2018
STARTING POINTS AND DEPARTURE TIMES
- Starting point: White Tower (Entrance) | 08:00
- Stop 1: Makedonia Palace Hotel | 08:05
- Stop 2: Aristotelous Square & Egnatia Street (Venizelos Statue) | 08:15
- Stop 3: Capsis Hotel | 08:20
- Stop 4: The Met Hotel | 08:25
8 hours (3 hours on the road)
DESCRIPTION OF THE EXCURSION
We depart to Kerkini with the bus of Ammon Express
at 08:00 from the White Tower,
at 08:05 from the hotel Makedonia Palace,
at 08:15 from Aristotelous Square & Egnatia Street (at the statue of Venizelos),
at 08:20 from Capsis Hotel and
at 08:25 from The Met Hotel
The distance is 98km and lasts about 1 hour and a half.
We reach the Dam of Kerkini Lake (Lithotopos area) and enjoy one hour boat trip and bird watching through the lake. Every season of the year hosts different species of birds so the cruise hides a different surprise each time. The beautiful Flamingos though, live there all year round. The area for horse riding is situated next to the dam and you can enjoy a horse ride as long as the weather permits it.
Next, we have a hot cup of coffee and afterwards we make a stop to the farm, just some kilometres away, with the impressive buffalos that walk nearby you, observing and learning their history and habits.
Later on, we move a bit further to Vyroneia village and enjoy our lunch in a traditional Greek tavern, which at the end of the 2nd Balkan War (summer of 1993), used to be a Greek Military Command Center, where the King Constantine and the prime-minister Eleftherios Venizelos signed a peace covenant, making history and doubling the size of Greece.
We depart to Thessaloniki at about 14:00 taking the perimeter road of the west side of the lake. Leaving behind the enchanting scenery you will have watched not only a part, but the whole Lake Kerkini in total!
THE PRICE OF THE EXCURSION (FROM 39.99€) INCLUDES
- Transportation to and from the Lake of Kerkini and the village of Vironia.
- The ticket for the one hour boat trip
- English-speaking trip attendant
- Basic travel insurance (during transportation)
- The cost of the lunch and coffee at the restaurants
- The cost of the horse riding (5€ per person / 20’)
- Our trip attendant shall wear a clothing with the Ammon Express marking so that he will be recognisable easily
- You should be at the departure points 5’ earlier from the time indicated in the schedule. The bus cannot remain at designated stops, except for boarding.
- It is recommended to have comfortable footwear for the easy access to each point.
- Please be punctual in the given meeting times specified by the trip attendant of Ammon Express so that all the participants will enjoy the excursion
- We wish you a pleasant excursion and have fun!
- Share pictures and comments from your experiences in the excursion.
For more information please visit our website ammonexpress.gr