Vergina - Pella
WHICH PLACES WE VISIT
- The Museum and Archaeological site of Pella
- The Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai (Vergina Museum)
THE EXCURSION TAKES PLACE
Every Tuesday and Saturday until 31/10/2018 | Every Wednesday and Saturday from 01/04 until 31/10/2018
STARTING POINTS AND DEPARTURE TIMES
- Starting point: White Tower (Entrance) | 08:00
- Stop 1: Makedonia Palace Hotel | 08:05
- Stop 2: Aristotelous Square & Egnatia Street (Venizelos Statue) | 08:15
- Stop 3: Capsis Hotel | 08:20
- Stop 4: The Met Hotel | 08:25
8 hours (3 hours on the road)
DESCRIPTION OF THE EXCURSION
We depart to Pella with the bus of Ammon Express
at 08:00 from the White Tower,
at 08:05 from the hotel Makedonia Palace,
at 08:15 from Aristotlelous Square & Egnatia Street (Venizelos Statue),
at 08:20 from Capsis Hotel and
at 08:25 from The Met Hotel.
The distance is about 50 km and lasts about 45’.
We reach Pella, where we visit the new, modern museum, as well as the Archaeological site with the unique mosaics.
Next, we arrive in Vergina and we visit the Museum of the Royal Tombs of Aigai, which is situated in the borders of the village.
Full tour guide is included in the Museums and the Archaeological sites.
Later, we enjoy our lunch at a restaurant with Greek traditional homemade dishes.
We depart to Thessaloniki at about 15:30 where we return after approximately one hour (16:30) making the same stops from where we started.
THE PRICE OF THE EXCURSION (FROM 39.99€) INCLUDES
- Transportation to and from the Museum of Vergina and Pella.
- Tour guide at the Archaeological site and Museum of Pella and the Museum of Vergina.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Basic travel insurance (during transportation)
- Assistance with the ticket issuance process for anyone who wishes to avoid the queue in the ticket office.
- The entrance fee to the Museum and the Archaeological site of Pella (General entrance fee: 8€) and the Museum of Vergina (General entrance fee: 12€)
- The cost of the lunch at the restaurant
- Our trip attendant shall wear a clothing with the Ammon Express marking so that he will be recognisable easily.
- You should be at the departure points exactly at the time indicated in the schedule. The bus cannot remain at designated stops, except for boarding.
- Free entry to the Museum of Vergina is available to the students of Universities, Technological Educational Institutes or equivalent institutes of EU countries by showing their student ID, and to young people up to the age of 19 by showing their ID card.
- Reduced entry to the Museum of Vergina (€ 6) is available to all citizens of the EU aged over 65, by showing their ID card or passport, as well as students from countries outside the EU.
- Free entry to the Museum of Pella is available to the students of Universities, Technological Educational Institutes or equivalent institutes of EU countries by showing their student ID, and to young people up to the age of 18 by showing their ID card.
- Reduced entry to the Museum of Pella (4€) is available to all citizens of the EU aged over 65, by showing their ID card or passport, as well as to students from countries outside the EU.
- Please be punctual in the given meeting times specified by the tour guide of AMMON EXPRESS so that all the participants will enjoy the excursion.
- We wish you a pleasant excursion and have fun!
- Share pictures and comments from your experiences in the excursion.
For more information please visit ammonexpress.gr